2016 Goal Review:
1. SHED - NOT MET.
2. Thicken bone - MET. I am so happy with the results in bone thickness this year!
3. Produce competitive agoutis - HALF MET. One of my little bucks, Prince Charming, is a chinchilla with a couple legs. My agoutis have done well but of course there's always room for growth in this field.
4. Attend and show rabbits at 2016 Convention - NOT MET. I wasn't able to go to 2016 convention because it interfered with my school schedule.
5. Produce at least 11 live litters - MET. This year I produced 14 litters total, and 11 of those were live!
6. Use all 17 cages that I have - NOT MET. Right now I'm using 15 cages. But it's all I have room for since I don't have my shed.
7. Improve shoulders - MET. Honestly, my herd improved in every single area this year - in hindquarter, crown placement, width/mass, front leg length and bone thickness, and I am so happy with that.
8. Sell Typhoon and Wicket - MET. I'm proud of myself for this one. These two boys were hard to sell and are missed everyday, but ultimately it was best for my herd. Many people told me I shouldn't have sold them, that I should try and buy them back, even!! But I knew what was best for my herd and selling them was not a hinderence. I have only been producing better and better stock since I sold them, and each generation just gets better and better.
9. Produce a nice homegrown broken buck - NOT MET. I didn't produce a single nice broken buck this year. Bummer! Hoping for better results next year.
10. Produce a nice homegrown solid buck - MET. I produced 4, 2 of which are currently producing awesome sons of their own!
Next, goals for 2017:
2. Have more show rabbits than strict "breeding only" rabbits in the rabbitry.
3. Win 2 Best of Breeds (last year I won 1 BOB).
4. Buy or produce a broken buck good enough to be a broken herd buck. I miss my brokens!
5. Shorten bone.
6. Work on ears and crown - more thickness, better furred, rounder and shorter for the ears, and crowns that are wider and allow the ears to lie down fully.
7. Produce 30 live kits.
8. Finish the year proud of my final year showing as a youth, without thinking, "I wish I would've done better."
I think 8 goals is good for now. I may add to this. I always do. But since this year will be SO BUSY with school and my new job, I don't want to have a numerable amount of crazy rabbitry goals hanging over me.