1. Buy a shed ~ NOT MET. Unfortunantely, we just haven't had the time or money for this yet. It's my #1 goal for 2016.
2. Buy a brood doe/brood buck pair from LuvLops Rabbitry ~ SEMI MET. My plans on bucks changed, but I did get a doe from them. Even though she's not from their lines...she's from a different rabbitry altogether (Muddy Creek). But she's amazing, so it kind of counts, right?!
3. Replace foundation stock (Lance, Gracie, Hazel) ~ MET. Gracie was sold at the beginning of the year, Hazel was sold mid-year, and Lance is still with us but he has been replaced in the breeding program.
4. Attend 2015 ARBA Convention ~ MET. So excited about this one! Convention was amazing.
5. Buy a new buck from Blue Storm Rabbitry ~ NOT MET. Like I said, my plans for bucks changed, and in January (I think), I bought a buck from my friend Kristen, he's sold now, in July I bought a new buck from Bramblehedge rabbitry (Ty), and now I have Wicket, a homegrown. So it's still been a good year in my buck department, even though I didn't get the bucks from the breeders I wanted to originally.
6. Max out to 15 cages ~ MET. I have 17 or 18 cages but currently only 9 or 10 are in use.
7. Get my brother (Trevor) started with a buck of his own to breed and show ~ NOT MET. Trevor decided he doesn't want a rabbit yet.
8. Get at least 8 litters (double of last year) ~ MET. I'm excited to say that this year I had 11 litters! Sadly, 3 of those were completely failed litters with all DOA kits. Out of those 11 litters, I had 14 DOA kits. More stats on things like that in my other blog that will be posted either right before or right after this one.
9. Register and grand a homegrown ~ NOT MET.
10. Shorten bone in my herd ~ MET. My new doe, Angie, will take this even further! Really excited to see the bone I have in my herd by this time next year! Pics below of the difference.
11. Better crown placement ~ MET. Pics below of the difference.
2. Thicken bone
3. Produce competitive agoutis
4. Attend and show rabbits at 2016 Convention
5. Produce at least 11 live litters
6. Use all 17 cages that I have
7. Improve shoulders
I know it's not very much. But since next year is such a crazy year school-wise (it's going to be my first full year in college), I don't have as much time as I did before to try and achieve so many goals. In the past I have tried to improve my rabbitry/herd in 10-12 different ways, and I've only accomplished maybe half of it. So this year, I'm trying for less and I'm going to accomplish all of it (Lord willing, of course).
~Sell Typhoon and Wicket
~Produce a nice homegrown broken buck
~Produce a nice homegrown solid buck