Hopefully this month or next, we'll get my shed. I'm so excited. It's absolutely necessary that I get it in May at the latest, to continue my project. I'm hoping to pick up a new buck and doe from a breeder in Montana, at a June show. And since Hazel's and Rosie's babies (Lord willing), will need to be weaned and keepers will need to be separated, I'll be all out of cage space. I'm buying 6 new cages (2 new stacks of 3 cages per stack), but I won't have any room for them at all until I get the shed.
This week I'm boarding a Holland Lop that isn't from my litters. The rabbit's name is Betty, and she was purchased from Dragonfly Farms (www.dfmicropigs.com). But since Kristen, the owner of DF, is away for a week or two, she's unable to board rabbits. So Kristen recommended me. I'm excited to meet Betty and board her from April 10th to April 18th!
Speaking of boarding, my friend Talia and her family are moving overseas to teach at an international school, so for the fall through winter I will be potentially boarding her two Netherland Dwarfs. I would get them in August and then Talia would get them back during the summer. I would have them for one more fall/winter after that as well.
I'm still thinking all that through and deciding what I want to do. I need to get the shed up and running first to make sure I'll have enough room. Talia will be giving me her stackers to use, which is nice because I won't have to give up cage space I need so badly. My boarding area (a hutch and random wire cages I have), is going to be behind the shed (still working out kinks and thinking this through), but because the Nethies will be here for so long they'll go inside the rabbitry with the rest of the rabbits after their done being quarantined (all rabbits coming from outside the rabbitry get quarantined before entering!).
Cinnamon is back up for sale. Talia has her right now, but since she is moving overseas for a while, they can't keep her anymore. And since she can't benefit my herd any further, it wouldn't be best to have her back. So if you're interested in her, shoot me an email and I will let Talia know!
Well that's all for now. I'll try to update in a few days with pics once Hazel & Rosemary get their boxes.