- "Rabbits live a short amount of time, only 2-3 years." WRONG! Rabbits can live for 10+ years if properly cared for. The norm is 7-10, if the rabbit is spayed or neutered.
- "Rabbits need baths." WRONG! You actually don't want to bathe your rabbit. It can cause them to go into shock and die from a heart attack. They clean themselves very well.
- "Rabbits don't have personality and the most interesting thing they do is eat." Wow. This one couldn't be more WRONG! Holland Lops, especially, each have their own personality. My house rabbit is just like a little puppy. She follows me around, responds to her name (most of the time), and circles my legs when I stand up from petting her. Cinnamon loves to play "tag" when I take her outside. "Oh you think you get can get me? Well vrooom - try again." ;)
- "Rabbits don't play. They sit in their cages and do nothing all day long." WRONG too! Rabbits love to throw pinecones, play "tag", like I mentioned above, beg for attention, play with cardboard, ect! You can even teach a rabbit how to play fetch, I'm sure. And a bunch of other kinds of tricks.
- "Rabbits, well, breed like rabbits!" This is mostly true. But sometimes it's not all that easy to get a doe bred and pregnant. Some does are stubborn, some does are incredibly picky about their bucks, and some bucks just don't do the job right.
My name is Holly.
I'm glad you're here! Don't be a ghost; leave a comment every once and a while! Let's talk ;)